Grilled Racicchio Orange & Fennel Salad
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time35 min
- Total Time45 min
- 2 Heads Radicchio Cut Into 1/8 Th. Wedges
- 2 Bulbs Fennel, Stalks Remove and Bias Cut, Bulb Julienned
- 4 Oranges, Zested, Peel Removed, Cut into Segments
- ½ Cup + 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup White Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ C Ricotta Salata, Broken into Almond Sized Pieces
- ½ C Pistachios, Toasted
- ¼ C Flat Leaf Parsley Leaves
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- ½ Tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Roasted Beet Preparation
Preheat grill to medium-high.
In a medium-mixing bowl add the ½ c. evoo, orange zest, balsamic vinegar, sea salt, and black pepper, whisk to combine, and set aside.
Drizzle the radicchio with evoo, season with salt and pepper, place on grill and cook 2 minutes on each side until charred around the edges, remove from the grill and place on a paper towel lined plate.
In a large mixing bowl combine all the remaining ingredients, pour the vinaigrette over and lightly toss together.
Serve on a chilled salad platter. This dish is a great starter for our Swordfish & Caper Berry Spiedini.