Swordfish & Caper Berry Spiedini
These grilled swordfish skewers are perfect topped with our Sicilian tomato and golden raisin sauce.
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time35 min
- Total Time50 min
- 2 Lbs. Swordfish Steaks, Skinless, Cut ¾ Inch Thick Cubes
- 1 C Large Caper Berries
- ¼ C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Ea. Meyer Lemons, Juice + Zest
- 2 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- ½ Tsp Chili Flakes
- 12-8 Inch Bamboo Skewers Soaked in Water 1 Hour
- 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 12 Each 8-Inch Bamboo Skewers Soaked in Water.
Pre-heat grill to medium high.
In a medium mixing bowl add the olive oil, lemon juice + zest, salt, pepper and chili flakes, mix well to combine.
Add the swordfish cubes, toss with marinade, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove the swordfish from the refrigerator.
Working with one skewer at a time, thread a piece of swordfish followed by a caper berry, repeat the process so each skewer has 3 of each ingredient, leaving 2 inches at the base. Brush the pre-heated grill with canola oil, place the swordfish skewers on the grill, and cook the swordfish for 3 minutes on each of the 4 sides, until browned and crispy, place on a plate to rest.